The Brooklyn Comic Shop specializes in autographed comic book by the hottest creators in the comic book industry both past and present. All of our autographed comics come with a signed Certificate Of Authenticity, which certifies the signature as genuine. There are two types of signatures:
1) Witnessed Signatures- Witnessed signatures are directly obtained by a Brooklyn Comic Shop representative from the creator. This either occurs because the comic book was signed at a convention or signing event. The act of signing the comic book was witnessed by the Brooklyn Comic Shop representative. The majority of our autographed comic books are Witnessed Signatures.
2) Verified Signatures- Unfortunately there are many older creators who passed away many years ago, and it is not possible to have directly witnessed the signing of the book. In this case, the Brooklyn Comic Shop evaluates the signature against known examples, and has determined with 99% certainty that the signature is genuine. Comic books with Verified Signatures come with a Certificate of Authenticity that notates that the signature is Verified.
Condition is one of the main reasons for the valuation of a comic book. At Brooklyn Comic Shop, we make every effort to accurately describe the condition of our books.
1) Condition Guide- Conditions on our website range from Mint (the highest grade) to Good (a mid-low grade). We rarely offer comics in that are considered low grade, unless the particular book is historically important or over 50 years old. We try every attempt to describe the condition of our books and we often make further notations as needed beyond assigning the condition grade to further clarify the book. If you have any questions about any particular book, please contact us email@example.com.
Here are some condition terms:
Mint- The comic is in practically new condition with no noticeable flaws. This book is above average and looks brand new.
Fine and Very Fine- The comic is considered mid to high grade, in excellent shape and collectible. There will be some signs of wear/use on the spine/edges, tightness of staples, small creasing and other signs of light wear. The less visible wear, the higher the condition grade. Slight above or below grade conditions are noted by a + or -.
Good and Very Good- The comic is considered lower mid to mid grade. These books are great for reading and have wear to them. They can be casually handled without fear of falling apart. They can have one detached staple, cut outs, creasing, tears, and other signs of major wear. Usually more affordable, these issues are great for reading or for filling a whole in your collection. This condition is more common among books prior to 1975.
2) Images- All pictures on our website are of the actual individual comic book that you will receive. We never use stock photos or old images. Even if we have multiple copies, we will always list the images for the exact book you will receive.
3) Descriptions- All descriptions are original content written by the Brooklyn Comic Shop and are tailored to each specific issue. Descriptions cover the condition of the book, a story plot description, as well as historical notes if applicable.
The Brooklyn Comic Shop does not collect or store customer payment information, credit cards, or banking. All payment is processed through www.paypal.com via their website. Please review their payment policies on their website for more details. User Information Privacy: We require an email address to place an order. We will never, ever give or sell your email address to a spammer or any third party. We send out occasional newsletters to our customers. Every email sent out by the mailing list includes a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of the email. You also have an option to opt-out of receiving the newsletter at the time you place your order. If you have any further questions or would like to be removed at any time, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We ship comic books out in 3 business days or sooner via United States Postal Service. We always ship with tracking, which will be uploaded to Paypal.com as well as emailed to you for your record. Our books are packaged with the utmost care in a comic bag and board sandwiched between multiple layers of cardboard so that the package can be shipped flat. A box with cushioning will be used for large orders.
Very few comics are returned to us due to grading, but should you receive a comic that you are not satisfied with, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be as descriptive as possible regarding the issue. We will gladly work out a solution that meets your needs and concerns. The customer is responsible for return shipping and required to send tracking information to obtain any refund. Please note that unauthorized returns are at the sender’s own risk.
Information that you supply to us
We store all of the information that you enter on Brooklyncomicshop.com for shipping info.
We do not share your information with third parties.
We send out newsletters to let our followers know what new comics are in stock and keep you up to date with comic news!